Thursday, February 28, 2008

Experientials Vol. 25

Another week down, and just one more week til spring break. I can't wait!! Tomorrow the incoming class is interviewing, I can't believe how much has changed in one year for me... It really is amazing.

Today we created art pieces to explain articles that we were reading in class. The article that I was assigned was about art therapist working with children after a disaster. I created the first one as the therapist and child working in the aftermath of the disaster. The disaster is the red turmoil on the right, while the therapist is able to bring a calming affect on the right. The therapist is empathetic to the child with his hand on their shoulder. The second piece is about the art therapist feeling unprepared or empty-handed when faced with this challenge. It speaks to the need for more research and more understanding.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails