Thursday, March 6, 2008

Experientials Vol. 26

I am so happy today is finally here... well actually I can't wait for tomorrow. SPRING BREAK!!! But tomorrow I also have my Dr. Seuss Party at Head Start. I am so excited. It is gonna be so much fun. I am gonna dress up as Cat in the Hat, and I have lots of different stations planned where a book will be read and we will complete an activity. There is The Foot Book and they are gonna make their own foot book; then of course The Cat in the Hat where they are gonna make a cat in the hat hat; another obvious one, Green Eggs and Ham where they are gonna color a green eggs and ham placemat; another fun one, Bartholomew and the Oobleck where they will play with oobleck which is basically cornstarch and water, but so cool—it is a liquid yet mysteriously solid, or wait is it a solid yet liquid?; and my favorite My Many Colored Days where they are gonna use different colors of construction paper to identify what color they are feeling today, and then draw a picture on it (if you haven't read this book yet, it is amazing... in fact it just may be my new favorite book!). And then as a group we will sing Happy Birthday to Dr. Seuss and I (the Cat in the Hat) will read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and give them the rainbow colored goldfish as a snack! I also have The Cat in the Hat to watch if there is time (the cartoon not the movie!). I am really excited and hope that it goes well. They are even gonna take pictures and video for the art therapy program...maybe I will have some to share here!!

So today we did an experiential comparing our adolescence to that of one of our clients at the detention center. Mine is on the left while their's is on the right. I felt like my adolescence, although chaotic, was very supported and pretty much stayed on a grounded path. I felt like my client's was very chaotic, although supported, but did not stay on a solid path...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails