Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Experientials Vol. 31

Today we worked with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and the object of the experiential was to link a thought to our feelings. We started out warming up with movement and then created a movement around our thought. I have been thinking a lot lately about how it feels like I live two separate lives sometimes. The one at school and the one at home., so my movement was almost like a pulling apart. And then we translated this to the paper. What I realized after looking at this is that although they are separate, they are also close together, although there is no overlap. And the "opposing" colors I chose were not so opposing. I chose, pink and purple, then yellow and orange, and blue and green. All those combinations are very similar pairs, and are next to each other o the color wheel. As part of the CB Therapy we were given homework. Mine was to continue to work with this feeling and movement. I would like to see what happens if the lines start to overlap...



This is just a close up of it where you can see the colors and lines.



And this shows the big giant paper with my classmates images on them as well. It is always really neat to work this big and really get the body movement into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails